Pastoral Care Mentor
Mrs Nicholson is our Pastoral Care Mentor and has received training to enable her to carry out this role effectively. The role of the Pastoral Care Mentor is to work closely with all staff and parents to identify children who would benefit from support. The aim is to support and help children to reach their full potential. Barriers that may be stopping this could be moving house/school, bereavement, bullying, lack of concentration, SEN, self-esteem, issues at home to name a few.
What does a Pastoral Care Mentor do?
The Pastoral Care Mentor will work with children on a one to one basis, in small groups and the whole school to:
- support children to gain the most from school
- raise attendance and punctuality awareness
- develop positive behaviour awareness inside school, by increasing confidence and self-esteem in children, this in turn will raise a child’s potential to learn
- be a familiar face who children and parents feel they can trust and talk to about issues they feel important – school/home
- provide link between parents and school
- liaise with outside agencies
- support children’s transitions
The offer of support is available for you, the parent/carer. Please feel free to speak to Mrs Nicholson in the blue room, any morning from 8.50-9.05am, to discuss any concerns/ worries you have.